Thursday, December 3, 2009

Here We Go Again....

It's beginning to feel alot like a bank loan. Unless I want to forego that Christmas Potlatch altogether.

Okay. Maybe I'll just whittle or glue or duct tape some stuff into a kinda pleasin shape and give that away. I mean, hey, I'm all outta gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Which ain't a bad thing altogether.

Accordin to Almighty Google, "the three gifts had a spiritual meaning : gold as a symbol of kingship on earth, frankincense (an incense) as a symbol of priestship, and myrrh (an embalming oil) as a symbol of death." No joke.

Now I ask you, who in their right mind would give "death" as a gift? Maybe, if a feller did it might go something like this:

"Hey, Honey! Look what I got you for Christmas! A Death Insurance.... er, I mean, a Life Insurance Policy! It'll pay out one million smackaroos. That's just to show you how much I care. By the way, how you feelin today?"

Okay, that ain't gonna fly. None of it. Maybe I'll just hide out till New Year's Eve.

5 comments:

Ginner said...

I can think of someone I'd like to gift with myrrh! Not really sure where to get it, hints please, wink!
No sense hidin out till New Year's Eve, we have all we need and a lot other could use.
Merry Christmas,
Ginner (code name)

Ginner said...

That would be "others"

code name

Anonymous said...

It's beginning to feel a lot like povery, but the best things find thier way in to the shopping dumpsters around town now. Which brings to mind the season favorite
"Were going dumpster diving were going dumpster diving right behind the store (Here comes Santa Claus)There is just about any thing that you can find for your friend. The Universe started the day I was born anyway for me it did. Later this is Tater, see ya in the field.

Kat said...

I'm thinking about boycotting Christmas altogether. I used to get aggravated when my mom started putting up this little two foot tall tree. Where's the spirit, Mom? Now I get it. Maybe no one will notice that my mind has already jumped into spring, planning the flower garden in my head. But I like that myrrh idea. Hey Amazon.com has it: http://www.amazon.com/Frankincense-Myrrh-Granular-Incense-Mix/dp/B000WSAT8S. Very weird.

knothead Robin said...

Actually giving death as a gift has a long tradition in the Sicilian side of my family. Usually comes in the form of a horsehead though.